About Me

My photo
Widow, retired missionary, ordained minister, mother, grandmother and great grand mother. My Blog:https://ddeschampsblog.blogspot.ca/

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Walk in Love (Cindy Trimm)



WALK IN LOVE
Adapted from
 Commanding my Morning Devotional by Cindy Trimm

Read: 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8:“ Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Take a moment to look at those verses one more time, but this time, replace some of those words with your name.
Example: “ Denise is patient, Denise is kind. Denise does not envy, Denise does not boast, Denise is not proud. Denise does not dishonor others, Denise is not self-seeking, Denise is not easily angered, Denise keeps no record of wrongs. Denise does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Denise always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”

Now, repeat these words and you will understand that this means that today, you will walk in LOVE. LOVE is proactive to forgiveness. This means that you cherish your relationships over your things, over your accomplishments, goals and tasks and over yourself. That means you are living the richest life possible.

Today’s prayer: (as per Cindy Trimm)
Father, I declare today that YOUR love gives me the patience to suffer long and yet be kind.  YOUR love causes me not to envy, parade myself, or be puffed up.  Because of YOUR love, I will not behave rudely or seek to fulfill my own selfish desires. YOUR love keeps me from thinking angry and malicious thoughts about others. I do not rejoice in sinfulness but rejoice in the truth. With YOUR love I bear all things, believe all things, hope all things and endure all things. I am secure that YOUR love never fails. In Jesus’s Name Amen! LOVE, LOVE AND LOVE SOME MORE!

(Cindy Trimm also has a book by the same name. This lady has helped me change some of my thinking about how to start my day. Commanding my morning has helped me to unleash God’s power in my day so I can see people with the LOVE of Jesus instead of with my own eyes of flesh.)

LOVE, LOVE AND LOVE SOME MORE!

Have a great day!  
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Welcome

Welcome to my blog!   I have been inspired by the comments I received in response to some of my comments, thoughts, feelings and scriptur...